Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Tuesday 15 June 2010

Turbo 7 x (260w x 65rpm x 4min) on 3 mins rest

15min warm up prior.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/37268298

Good to check out the new bike position. Hard to keep on the aerobars for longer than 5mins - always find this but seem to be able to stay on them when racing. Raised the aerobars 5mm as think it is a lot to ask to tolerate this position on Sunday.

Spirit level on saddle showed it was pointing down a bit so flattened it out. Not having your saddle level is a common mistake. I had mine pointing down for years which meant I spent a lot of energy pushing myself up it without realising.

Would have gone for a run round the block but on the night shift looking after Will, and on call for the hospital.




No comments:

Post a Comment