Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Turbo Run Brick
Turbo;
5 mins 85rpm zone 1
5 mins 90rpm zone 2
5 mins 95rpm zone 3
set - 12 x 30 sec on 2min at 110+ rpm - aim to maintain smooth stroke, heart rate will lag efforts as not long.
5mins 85rpm zone 1

Run of bike 15-18km aerobic with 4-5 x 3mins on 90sec recovery at 10km pace.

I have always found these faster cadence sessions work wonders for the bike, think the key is to stop bouncing around. Also a subtle way to show you that you can put a lot of work down if you take the cadence up.
Still not 100% happy with bike position am starting to feel like the princess and the pea

Run- went to Battersea track and did the efforts as 5x(3min for 800m with 400m jog recovery). Also used this as chance to calibrate the foot pod on the garmin.

Tomorrow say's 2hr bike 10km run, AT (anaerobic threshold swim)
although off from work have to go in to have a dry run of some teaching i'm doing, electricity board coming to house, and Ella has a GP partners meeting! may have to swap it for another day?

No comments:

Post a Comment