Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Swim (endurance/tempo)
warm up 500m
6x25m E/H H/E H/H x2 (E=easy H=hard)
5x400m all with pull buoy at high aerobic pace with 50sec recovery between sets. Consistent pace. Sets 2 and 4 paddles as well.
8x50m with pull warm down.
Total = 3350m

This went well - managed to keep to 25sec per 25m for the main set. Lost the pull buoy at one point - I don't use one very often.
Ditched the paddles after a short go - they were useful to reinforce a proper hand entry. Main focus needs to be removing the dead spot at the front (over gliding)

Core
30 mins of Greg McMillan's level 3 routine - i've been doing this on and off for a year now, it's slowly getting easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment