Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Sunday 17 July 2011

IRONMAN 2 WEEKS TO GO


Run


1 Hour, easy aerobic


For some reason it was really hard to do this. My heart wasn't in it. It became progressively easier as it went on. I have been told to expect this as the intensity has been up but the volume down.


I have to remind myself that the training is in the bank now. The main priorities are to stay healthy and get enough sleep (not easy). I have also been feeling hungry constantly. I haven't written much about weight but it is important. It's a fine line between fuelling adequately and overdoing it.


Found the lightweight chain breaker - 10g!



Went to the Lambeth country show today. Pushing the two kids around in the buggy was a workout in itself.

Also received a massage from my very good friend Paolo - felt really rejuvenated afterwards. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment