Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Thursday 14 July 2011

Swim


1. 400m warm-up
2. 9x100m on 25sec rest as: catch-up down easy free back
3. 200m easy free
4. 10 x 50m on 20 sec rest as 1arm drill with flippers, right arm 25m- left arm 25m
5. 200 easy catch up with pull buoy
6. 4 x 50m on 20 sec rest as 1arm drill with flippers right arm 25m- left arm 25m
Total = 2.5km



Went along to Brockwell lido - but they close at 8pm. No wetsuit practice for me. Went to the normal pool. Starting to see the point of the one arm drill - it shows that there is too long a pause at the front of the stroke. Also my left arm crosses over the midline when rotating.



Ella chose the picture!

Lots of ferrying children round in the cargo bike as well. 


130km bike and 50min run on program for tomorrow. Some things to do for George so may not be able to do it. More will be revealed. 


It's about now that I start to think of ways to re-invent things like the tools we all carry. They seem a bit bulky and heavy - you may get to laugh at me on dragon's den sometime soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment