Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Saturday 20 August 2011

Brick
Turbo
2.5 hours
with 2 x 20min at race pace.

Run
10km with 3km at race pace

Sauna
30mins as 15,5,5,5

The main aim today was to get used to the new saddle. The pressure is now distributed to the sitting bones which is more appropriate but the areas are smaller. This results in the actual pressure in these areas being higher. The nose is also very wide and there's a fair bit of discomfort especially on the right side for some reason. I have been told that some people cable tie the front to bring it closer together. After an hour of it not working and also siding down it I tilted it up a bit and also cable tied it. I also found that I had to move it forwards a fair bit till it felt right - when I get the full fit details from freespeed i'll have a better idea if it's right.
The race pace simulations were much better and I found at times I hit a really nice rhythm and feel - hopefully a sign of things to come.

Ran to gym did the 3km on the treadmill at 14km/hr and then straight into the sauna.

What a difference exercising before the sauna - the time until I had to get out came much sooner.

Run back from the gym - this was slow but I figured it would be good to get used to running hot a fatigued.

Dropped garmin and cracked the screen - bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment