Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Sunday 21 August 2011

Brick
Turbo
2hours, with 2 x 20min at race pace

Run off bike with 4km at race pace

We have guests staying this weekend so up early to get this done. The session is the same as yesterday more or less. I was meant to do double in one session this weekend but decided to split it to allow time to adapt to the bike saddle and new position. All is well on that front - I know think the better the saddle the less you notice it which is a strange concept. There were times I didn't think about it so that can only be good.

TV coverage from Bolton was on channel 4 toady. Luckily nothing of me. I do remember the female winner passing me and thinking what an amazing runner she was. It was amazing to see George's face light up and him start clapping and cheering - he understands a lot more that we think.

No comments:

Post a Comment