Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Thursday 16 February 2012

Swim

Warm up 10x25m easy
Main set 8 x 200m on 25sec recovery at race pace

Will went to soft play and I got my swim in. It's the first time since Hawaii that i've used the creche. I has the lane to myself as well.
The aim was to do 7 sets but I thought I may as well do the 8. For the last one I slowed the stroke down and went faster it would be far easier if effort in equalled speed out but this just proves again how important technique is.

From here i'm thinking about dropping the distance to 100m and building the number of intervals. I think the pros do a lot of this i.e. 100x40

No comments:

Post a Comment