Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 17 February 2012

Turbo

15min warm up
4 x 5min x 300W x 65rpm on 5min recovery (Strength Endurance)
I managed 4mins of the 5th set, had a few minutes break and did the last minute.
10min cool down and cold bath

I could have just squeezed that last minute out but I opted to play it safe and leave myself somewhere to go for next time. This was two minutes more than last time, there will definitely be a training effect which is the goal.


The red graph is from 26th Jan and the blue is today - its good to see the peaks come down for the same work load. 

I was in two minds about doing this session today - i've now done interval training wed,thur,fri. so time to back off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment