Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Sunday 4 March 2012

20 weeks to go


Run

am - 17km
pm - 13km

It looks like i've ditched the attempt at progressing towards a 100mile running week. There's just no way i'll keep the quality bike sessions in there. I will though try and keep the long run going. Today I had to split it so I could do my share of looking after George and Will. Really enjoyed it today, called on Paolo for 4km of the pm run.

My right leg still feels odd - it wants to drift into the centre line and has much less extension than the left. More questions for the lovely physios.

I've been taking it really easy on the long runs. This can be a bit scary as it's way off race pace. It's easy to start questioning your ability. Today though my pace per/km has started to drift towards the pace recommended on the McMillan running calculator - about 5.30min/km

I didn't have a clue about how many calories running uses so found a table in runner's world;



No comments:

Post a Comment